Monday, July 17, 2017

The Most Important Part of My Health

Last week my husband has accused me of being cranky several times. My back has been hurting more than it is supposed to (considering all the medications I have to stop that). I have not been in a good mood.

Saturday night I didn't sleep well. I am blaming the (damn) cat for that as he insisted on spending the night out and I got up four times to see if he would come in. My husband tells me that he will be fine when he spends the night out but I know we have coyotes, fisher cats, bobcats, and foxes who would be happy to make a meal of him. And he still doesn't have enough life skills to know about all the potential perils of the great outdoors.

Okay, I got a little side-tracked there.

I hadn't had a lot of sleep last week in general. My body now needs a few nights of at least 10 hours of sleep each day. This doesn't mean lying in bed and taking it easy or napping. It needs 10 straight hours of sleep.

Last night, I went to bed at 9 and fell asleep. Actually I got in bed around 7 because I was tired and read and knitted. My light went out at 9 and I woke up after 7 this morning. I slept through my husband's alarm and morning routine. But I feel great. I really do. I slept well. I feel very rested. I can attempt to be a normal person today (unless I do something stupid like pretend I am a normal person and overdo things).

So the most important part of my health is sleep. Lots of good sleep.

So my non-doctor prescription if you aren't feeling well is to get a good night's sleep.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...