Thursday, June 15, 2017

Houston, We Have A Problem

I stole that line from the episode of Brother Vs. Brother that I am watching as I type. I cannot believe how much I have been sleeping. We had a heat wave here. (In Boston terms, that means 3 days in a row over 90 degrees. The rest of the world may snicker about that but we just don't get that much heat here.) And I am not used to it.

Sunday I wore myself out completely and got overheated and I had to rest with an ice pack on the back of my neck for an hour or so. Monday was another sweltering one. Tuesday was hot as well but I went to the beach for the morning. As I left the beach, I felt the waves of fatigue start. I had lunch and went home.

Yesterday I went to the gym and then met a friend for lunch and a little shopping. I ended up taking a 1.5 hour nap before dinner. My husband made dinner even but I went back to bed at 9 pm. I have been sleeping very well - especially since we put the air conditioner in our bedroom - but I still run out of 'oomph' too early in the day.

So, Houston, we have a problem. I need more 'oomph'. I hate running out of 'oomph' when there is more 'day' left. More 'day' means I have more things I need to do. Napping more is not a cure either....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...