Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Note To Self: Stop Playing Doctor and Self Diagnosing

I have no medical training whatsoever past what I have learned from my doctors in their appointments. So why do I waste any time trying to figure out what is wrong with me? Last night I was lying in bed and trying to decide what was causing the pain in my ankle? Was it referred pain from my knee or hip? Or is it a new pain and what could be the source? Is it worthy of going to the doctor any sooner than my scheduled appointment at the end of the month? I really don't want any more doctor appointments but pain is pain.

And am I trying to self diagnose myself so my doctor can just confirm what I thought it was?

I have no idea what is currently wrong with me this time. I know it isn't that serious and I am not dripping blood so I am not rushing to seek medical care. But I wouldn't mind knowing the source of this....

For all I know my doctors are going to say something 'helpful' like "I'm not really sure what the cause of it is, its probably from either your RA or fibromyalgia and there is no real way to tell." I get a lot of that.

What I really just want is a cure for everything and since my doctors have yet to find the magic wand with that magic cure, so I am trying on my own.


No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...